{THE LIEBSTER AWARD}

*gasp* Yes, I’m doing a tag! I figured it was about time. Riley tagged me a few weeks ago and since I like to get creative when I use tags, I’m also using Catherine‘s questions. A huge shoutout to them for tagging me for the Liebster Award! I’d highly encourage you to check out their wonderful blogs 😊

THE RULES

~ Thank the person who nominated you.

~ Answer the 11 questions they gave you.

~ Name 11 facts about yourself.

~ Nominate 11 bloggers to do this tag, and let them know.

~ Give them 11 questions to answer.

THE QUESTIONS

Winter or Summer?

Summer! I love the smell of it and I can be outside aaaaaallll the time.

Favorite part of blogging?

THE COMMUNITY. Seriously, you guys are so awesome <33 I love interacting with you in the comments and reading your posts!

Favorite quote?

*digs around on Goodreads* Here’s two, because I’m a rebel today:

“Sainthood is the sowing done not for recognition, but for God” – Denise Mallett.

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

Gummy snacks or granola bars?

Granola bars. I feel guilty eating gummy snacks 😛

What is your favorite mythical creature?

The phoenix, of course. Though unicorns are pretty awesome too. And dragons…

Tea, Coffee, or other?

Recently, I’ve begun to enjoy tea. I don’t have caffeine in it though, and I only have it once or twice a month. I can’t have any drinks with my retainer in, so that discourages me.

If you could own any baby animal for a pet, what would it be?

Awwww, how can I choose??? I love baby animals…I’d say a cheetah or a badger. There’s a badger I saw at the zoo recently that was soooo cute! *heart eyes*

What is one skill or hobby that you’ve always wanted to pursue?

I’d like to speak another language, like Latin or Polish.

Favorite place you’ve visited?

Yosemite! It’s gorgeous there <3

Favorite activity to do during winter?

I love to ice skate. My skills are limited to forward crossover and swizzles, but it’s still a blast. Skiing and snowboarding a close second.

Favorite brand of car?

Confession: I actually know nothing about cars and what brands there are. I blame that on sitting in the back seat for most of my life and not having the best farsighted vision (and daydreaming. That one might be the most to blame). So I’ll say Honda and call it good XD

Favorite day of the week?

Saturday. Cliché, I know. I’d say Sunday, but Monday feels waaay too close then so I have an underlying feeling of stress that day. Saturday is the day I can finally breathe. Plus my blog post goes out that day and I often go to church.

If you could own any kind of business, what would it be?

Does freelance editing count? Because I would choose that, or else a graphic design company.

Favorite band?

Hillsong United or Switchfoot.

Would you prefer flowers, candy, or dinner during Valentine’s Day?

I’d like flowers, specifically white or pink roses.

Introvert or Extrovert?

D e p e n d s  on what we’re talking about. If I meet another writer, then of course I’m going to be an extrovert because I LOVE WRITING. But if you mean how I get my energy, then definitely introvert; silence is how I re-energize.

What are your hobbies?

I love playing guitar (even though I’m still terrible), knitting, embroidery, and journaling. I also dabble in graphic design. And does beta reading count?

Favorite sports team?

I don’t have one. I don’t really watch sports, except during the Olympics.

Favorite subject?

Science 😊

Favorite kind of meat?

FILET MIGNON!!!

Biggest goal for the year?

To hopefully send one of my novels to an editor!

11 FACTS

1. I usually turn my lights off by 9:30pm
  2. I’ve gotten acupuncture twice before
  3. I can do the splits
  4. My typing speed is 102wpm…but I can’t think that fast
  5. I’ve had braces for eight years. 😛
  6. I used to jump horses. It was a blast
  7. I get really strong vibes about persons and places and situations which makes it IMPOSSIBLE REALLY HARD  to rest
  8. If traveling were free, I’d never stop <3
  9. For some reason I always whack my little toe against walls.
  10. I might be a crazy cat lady one day. Be thou forewarned
  11. If I couldn’t be a writer, an editor, or a graphic designer, I’d be a biologist. I love trees and plants and all that stuff <3

MY QUESTIONS:

1. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try but never have?
  2. Team Cap or Team Iron Man?
  3. What’s your favorite word?
  4. If it could only be one season for an entire year, which would you choose?
  5. Laptop or desktop?
  6. What’s your favorite joke?
  7. What’s your favorite book of the bible?
  8. What were your favorite novels in middle school?
  9. If you could learn any language, what would it be?
  10. Which do you like better: thunderstorms or blizzards?
  11. What’s someplace you’ve always wanted to visit?

I tag….

Ella Marie @February Fairy | Lila @The Red-hooded Writer | Red @That Girl Called Red | Micaiah @Notebooks and Novels | Kate Flournoy @The Inky Notebook | True @A True Writer | Anna @A World Through Her Heart | Melissa @Quill Pen Writer | Tracey @Adventure Awaits | Jonathan @The Second Brother | Jem @Jem Jones, Writer

That’s it! You guys should definitely go check out the bloggers I tagged, too 😀

What do you like to do in the winter? What’s a random fact about you? Team Cap or Team Iron Man?

tags

February 17, 2018 at 5:52 am

This post was so fun to read! I loved your facts about you except what stuck out to me the moST IS HOW HAVE YOU HAD BRACES FOR EIGHT. YEARS???
    Anyways, great post! 😛
    ~ riley aline

February 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I DON’T KNOW BUT IT’S TERRIBLE XP I got them first when I was eight, but I still had a ton of baby teeth then, so I had to get them again only two years after I got them off…then I was without them for a few years but my teeth got crooked again. Ugh. Hopefully after this summer I’ll never have to have them again 😛

Thank you! <3

Allison Riera
    February 17, 2018 at 6:29 am

Fun post, Audrey! :)) Braces for eight years??? *gasp* And, TEAM CAP all the way, lol. So excited for Infinity War! 🙂

February 19, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Thanks, Allison! 😀
      YESS TEAM CAP IS THE BEST. I like Iron Man a lot, but Captain America wins every time XD I really hope he doesn’t die in Infinity War *hides*

februaryfairyblog
    February 17, 2018 at 10:34 am

AWWW, THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME, AUDREY! Eeek, eight years of braces? Phew, that’s a lot. I’m going to get them this summer *cries*, but they say it’ll be a year and a half to two years. How do you turn off your lights so early? I’m up until midnight almost every night… LOL, I know nothing about cars either. XD I’d probably want a Mini Cooper. But just because they’re cute. I can’t wait to do this tag!

~ Ella

February 19, 2018 at 12:38 pm

You’re welcome, Ella! 😀

Yeah, it hasn’t been fun 😛 BUT it’s definitely worth it. Just make sure not to chew any gum after you get them off, or else they’ll go straight back 😛

Thanks for reading! <3

Ivie Brooks
    February 17, 2018 at 11:31 am

Haha, I just posted this today and tagged you. Never mind. XD XD great answers, though. <3

February 19, 2018 at 12:39 pm

Oops XD I’ll definitely go check out your post anyway! And thank you!

February 17, 2018 at 1:59 pm

YAY!!

SAME – I love being outside allll the time too!!

Le gasp – I LOVE the phoenix. It’s my second favorite mythical creature (My AMA, which just went live, reveals my absolute favorite)

Yeah, I have to take out my retainer when I also drink hot tea. It can get really annoying to keep taking it out all the time.

I’m kinda learning Latin by immersion (I go to a Latin Mass church so I hear it a lot, and it’s so fun to figure out the words in context with the English translation), but I would dearly love to learn Polish. Ancestral pride and all 🙂

Ahhh! I haven’t ice skated since I was about 5. I miss it….

Heehee, I was curious about the cars – that’s not a question you hear a lot of. I’m pretty sure I was the same way in high school before I started driving – though I think I loved Buick even before then because I tried to save my dad’s old Buick from being sold (though it was much better that it did, it was falling apart). I did wind up buying the successor to that car – my current Buick LeSabre that I love very dearly.

Oh cool! I also knit and embroider! My brother is studying graphic design, he’s a really good artist 🙂

Oh wow, you can type faster than I can! I usually average about 60 words a minute (granted that is usually with half a dozen mistakes in it). I’m like you though and can’t think that fast either….LOL.

You used to jump?! That’s so cool! I’ve always wanted to learn, just haven’t gotten enough riding experience in…

I’m Team Cap, all the way <3

Awesome post, Audrey! I really enjoyed it!

February 19, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Oooh, I have yet to check out your post yet, but yay for phoenixes!!

I started studying Latin several times, but I never made it very far 😛 I’ve been to several Latin Masses and I LOVE it. Maybe one day. And wait…do you have Polish ancestors too? My mom’s side is completely Polish 😀

Okay XD Everyone else in my family knows so much about cars, but I’m pretty clueless. Maybe when I start looking to buy one someday I’ll finally be educated enough XD

It’s weird how our brains work like that! But yeah, I usually make a lot of mistakes. My backspace key is nearly more work out than my spacebar!

Jumping is so fun! You don’t have to jump very high for it to be fun, too. 😀

SAME

Thanks, Catherine! And thanks for tagging me — they were very fun questions!

Red
    February 17, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Awww!! This was so cool to read!! Thanks for nominating me! I’m excited to do it! 😃

February 19, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Thanks, Red! <3 I can't wait for your post :D

True Shaw
    February 17, 2018 at 6:32 pm

Great post, Audrey! I loved finding out these things about you! (Also, a pet badger? Aw, that would be so cute!)

And, thank you for tagging me, Audrey! This looks like a lot of fun, and I am definitely looking forward to doing this tag sometime soon! (I might be doing a double tag, like you, because this is the second Leibster tag I’ve gotten today, haha.)

True // atruewriter.blogspot.com

February 19, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Thank you, True! (and wouldn’t it? They’re really adorable <3)

You're welcome! And double tags are a blast 😀

Thanks for reading!

Micaiah
    February 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm

This was so fun to read, Audrey! =) You had braces too? I had braces for about three years and got them off a year or so ago. I’ve always wanted to visit Yosemite! I hope to go one day. =)

Also, I just did the tag on my blog! Thanks for tagging me! =)

Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

February 19, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Thanks, Micaiah 😀 Really? I had the metal ones twice and invisaline once. I can’t decide which I liked better 😛

You should definitely try to! It’s amazing there <3

Awesome! I can't wait to check it out 😀

Lila Kims
    February 19, 2018 at 11:24 am

AAAAAAHHHH, thanks so much for tagging me!!! I love your questions so much; I can’t wait to answer them! 😀

Science is my favorite subject as well! It’s so fascinating. xD And yessss to Hillsong United – their songs are so beautiful!

February 19, 2018 at 1:48 pm

EEEEP YOU’RE WELCOME. I can’t wait for the post 😀

It’s definitely more interesting than logarithms XD And definitely!

Thanks for commenting!