{NOVEMBER WRAP UP} nano happened + hiatus notice

OKAY WHO STOLE 2017???? Because DECEMBER is here *screams* While that means Advent and Christmas it also means NEW YEARS which = 2018 —> and I am NOT ready for 2018. (mainly because I’m still recovering from being overwhelmed by 2017 so I’m not ready for the overwhelming-ness of 2018 xD)

This month was, obviously, one word: NaNoWriMo. I was going to do a daily vlog thing (I’ve seen Katie and Savannah do this), but I was sick at the start of the month >_< Instead, I have a weekly summary below:

WEEK 1 (Nov. 1st-7th). I started off super slow due to being sick and confined to the couch. I almost fell asleep writing what little words I did. After that, I managed to rally and take advantage of no school to catch up on my word count. I got in about 5,000 a day, and day 7 found me at 36,380 words.

WEEK 2 (Nov 8th-14th) I hit 50,000 on day 10, completely dead. Last year, I started nano on the 11th, so it was strange to wake up the next morning and realize I had only just begun this time last year. I slowed down with writing this week, and got to 61,878.

WEEK 3 (Nov 15th-21st) I struggled through about five days of zero inspiration and little time to write. Then, on the 19th, I had an event cancelled, so I decided to try and finish my novel, which was only (“only”) eight scenes away. So…I wrote 14,000 words that day and finished my novel. Not a good idea for my sanity 😛 I have NO CLUE how I managed to get it all in, but I think that’s a new record for me.

I have to say that I really liked writing Unnamed Current! After When Real Lies, it was just what I needed. The characters took over near the end:

(this post is already long, so I included some snippets in my early newsletter –> read it here)

Hey, I actually read this month! I got in six books: Structuring Your Novel, by K.M. Weiland (technically I just read the last chapters since I started it back in…June), Disowned, by Sarah Addison-Fox (I’m taking part in the blog tour in January!), Songkeeper, by Gillian Bronte Adams, Renegades by Marissa Meyer (literally just finished it), and beta read two novels.

Structuring Your Novel, Songkeeper, and Renegades were five stars, and Disowned was four. Songkeeper and Renegades are tied for my favorite read. Though I didn’t enjoy the first book, Songkeeper hooked me, especially the depth of it (I wasn’t really drawn in by Ky’s scenes, though :P). But Renegades… it was fast. And epic. I literally read it in two days (and it’s a big book).

And now I want to write a superhero novel. 😉

Nothing huge happened, though I am planning a little bit of renovation on my pages this month, since they’re pretty outdated and got formatted weird when I moved my blog over.

Here are all my posts:

{NANO PIT STOP #1} 40 ways to celebrate the start of nano

{NANO PIT STOP #2} 5 ways to keep nano less stressful

{NANO PIT STOP #3} creativity is fragile

{NANO PIT STOP #4} dear writer, be thankful and rejoice

O T H E R  P O S T S

Jonathan wrote an epic post on gratitude

Catherine shared some brilliant thoughts about romance in YA.

Hannah slayed it with her epic poems.

Jessica wrote a letter to the ones who feel deeply <3

And if you want to smile, go read Julia’s wrap up post because seriously.

I NOW HAVE AN OFFICIAL DRVERS’ LISCENSE. Much squealing and excitement and relief that I don’t have to ever take the test again. (apparently, I got the nice testing guy. Everyone else looked …stoic. :P)

-THANKSGIVING. Namely, pie. Pumpkin pie, apple pie…just pie. Making dinner is always interesting at my house, since our oven is too small to cook a full turkey.

The feeling of winter finally coming on and then HEY THERE’S A HEATWAVE. Gotta love SoCal XP

-WATCHING SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING AGAIN. This movie = life.

Finally borrowing my mom’s camera and beginning to take decent pictures. I really enjoy photography because it doesn’t involve words, thus gives my writer/reader brain a moment of rest while still having fun.

-Giving in and listening to Christmas music four days before Thanksgiving. I adore my instrumental Christmas music station.

-Realizing how fast times goes by and why do we try to speed it up then?

-GUESS WHO LIKES TEA NOW???  —> 😀 For the record, it doesn’t have any caffeine in it, and I was nearly forced to drink it when I got sick. But then I found an autumn flavored, caffeine-free tea at Trader Joes, and I’m in love with it <33

Besides Christmas and continued recovery from NaNo, I’m going on a blogging/Internet hiatus from this Monday until December 30th, on which I will return for an end of the year wrap up.

I know I did just go on a hiatus in August, but with the stress/busyness of school, nano, and life in general over the past few months, I really feel the need to unplug a bit this December (though feel free to contact me if anything comes up 🙂 ). I’ll be spending time with family, reading, and just enjoying the last days of 2017.

However, Chelsea invited me to guest-post on her blog on the 10th, so be sure to check out that (and her wonderful blog!) 😊

So merry Christmas (early), and I’ll see you all on the 30th!

How was your November?  Do you like tea or coffee better? What are your plans for December? Any end of the year goals?

monthly wrap-ups

Chelsea R. H.
    December 2, 2017 at 2:39 am

I’m not really a tea or coffee person, to be honest, but my mum makes me drink green tea, which I don’t mind. I’m more of a hot chocolate/mocha person. My plans for December mostly include reading like crazy so I can make my yearly goal of a hundred books, and trying to finish off my NaNo novel (which is up to 80k and still not done! Somebody save me!)
    Also, I get the weird weather thing. It’s officially summer here now, but its pouring down with rain, something that doesn’t happen a lot in December! Praise God though, because we’ve hardly had any rain this year 😀
    Superheroes novels are awesome, just for the record. 😀
    I hope you have an amazing break, and I can’t wait to see you for next weeks guest post (I’m super excited about it!)

December 5, 2017 at 9:10 am

Reading all month sounds awesome! How many books are you hoping to read? (I know, long novels are so painful to write 😛 *sends all the writer-ly help*)
      YAY FOR RAIN. Can you send some to me? xD
      Gosh, you’re making the superhero plot bunny attacks worse…..
      Thanks! And me too!

Chelsea R. H.
        December 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I think I need to read ten to meet my goal. (I’m getting there. *takes writerly help with much gratitude*)
        Can definitely pray for rain for you 🙂
        My pleasure! 😛

Somewhat Reserved
    December 2, 2017 at 2:51 am

Well done for completing NaNoWriMo so quickly! And for getting your driver’s license.

I only drank coffee once? I believe it was badly made but it tasted terrible.

When I’m tired, I usually drink green tea and it lifts up my mood pretty quickly! And caffeine free as well.

December 5, 2017 at 9:11 am

I've never tried coffee before. Just the smell is terrible to me. 😛 I haven't tried green tea either, but now I'm thinking I will.
      Thanks for reading!

December 2, 2017 at 5:19 am

UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE IT’S ABOUT TO BE 2018 EITHER. Like, just no. I am not ready for it (and same, I’m still overwhelmed by 2017😜).
    Congrats again on NaNoWriMo!! *gawks because you wrote 14,000 words in on day* WHAT.
    I don’t like tea or coffee…I’m part of the hot chocolate group! Haha. I’m planning to read lots and lots this month as well as get my new blog ready for launch *squeals* End of year goals? Build a time machine so I can stay in 2017 forever. Any volunteers?😂

December 5, 2017 at 9:15 am

I KNOW. We need to add an extra month to the year xD
      Thanks! (and I’m still wondering how :P)
      I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOUR NEW BLOG. Are you going to do a blog tour for the launch? Or are you just upgrading your current one?
      *raises hand* I’ll help xD

December 2, 2017 at 7:21 am

Oh my gosh, your tweets were HILARIOUS, Audrey!!! When characters take over the story, fun and games are sure to follow….

Awww, thanks for the shoutout! *hugs*

CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR LICENSE!!! Heehee, I’m so glad you got a nice guy – they’re rare, I tell you. A lot of them like to mess with the kids, drives me crazy.

hmmm yeah. We got a small heatwave here on the East coast too. Weather is weird….

FELLOW TEA PERSON!!! I can’t live without tea…..I swear.

Merry X-mas to you too!

December 5, 2017 at 9:18 am

Thank you, Catherine! xD I’m glad you enjoyed!

You’re welcome! *hugs*

THANK YOU. My brother got one of those not-so-nice ones when he did his test. I’m so thankful my testing guy wasn’t like that.

YAY FOR TEA. What’s your favorite kind?

Merry Christmas, Catherine! I hope you have a wonderful December <3

februaryfairyblog
    December 2, 2017 at 8:55 am

Girl, how? Just how did you write 50k in only 10 days? I mean, I’ve never done NaNo, but when I write, it’s usually 200 words and I’m done for the day. But your November sounds great! Yay for getting your driving license! I’ll miss your posts over the month, see you in 2018!

~ Ella Marie

December 5, 2017 at 9:19 am

I don’t really know… I kinda turned into a crazy hermit writing machine. 😛

Thanks, Ella! I hope you have a wonderful December! <3

Julia Ryan
    December 2, 2017 at 9:18 am

YOU GOT YOUR LICENSE EEEP!!!!! (so glad you passed on the first try *coughcough*)

also bro you linked me. *hugs*

December 5, 2017 at 9:20 am

EEEPPP THANK YOU.

Yes I did 😀 *hugs back*

Hannah White
    December 2, 2017 at 9:38 am

Aww, I’ll miss your posts! But like … DUDE. You completely CONQUERED nano. I AM SO IMPRESSED. O.O Wow. *high fives* I can’t wait to hear more about your projects or like, BETA SOMETHING FOR YOU?? SOON?? askjdfhalskdjf. You’re such a lovely writer. And thank you for mentioning my post! That’s so sweet and made me smile cause I’VE NEVER REALLY SHARED POETRY BEFORE SO THAT WAS NEW AND KIND OF SCARY *flails*

I hope you have a lovely break! Get some nice deep breaths and rest and treat yourself <3

December 5, 2017 at 9:24 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH, HANNAH. Your comments make me smile so big <33
      I WOULD LOVE YOU TO BETA FOR ME. I'm really hoping to get one of my novels to betas in 2018 and you're DEFINITELY on the list! Thank you so much for being interested 😀
      YOUR POETRY IS SO AWESOME. You should totally keep writing it! *flails*

Thank you, Hannah! I hope you have a great December yourself!

Lila Kims
    December 2, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I LOVE SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING!!! Favorite Marvel movie ever. <3

Have you heard Lindsey Stirling's Christmas instrumentals?? They're AMAZING.

Congrats on winning NaNo!!!!

December 5, 2017 at 9:25 am

YASS. I really liked the original ones (with Dr. Octopus and such), but Spiderman Homecoming was the best <33

Ooooh, not yet. I'll definitely have to check them out!

THANK YOU. Have a great December!

michailaj
    December 3, 2017 at 6:27 am

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. Where’d December go omygoodnes.
    Congrats, girl!
    Michaila
    seventytimeseven.com

December 5, 2017 at 9:27 am

I KNOW I WISH TIME WOULD SLOW DOWN. xD

Thank you! <33

December 3, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Chai tea forever. <3 XD

AAHH YES SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING. I've watched it three times now. XD Twice in the cinema and then at the beginning of November/end October (I don't even remember anymore XP) with some friends when it came out on dvd. *flail* I LOVE IT SO MUUUUCH.

December 5, 2017 at 9:29 am

Okay now I have to try Chai because I never have and everyone else loves it xD

OMW YOU WATCHED IT TWICE IN THEATERS O.O That must have been EPIC. It’s officially my favorite movie ever (I think 50% of it is that PLOT TWIST right at the end)

Micaiah
    December 3, 2017 at 4:46 pm

It sounds like you had an awesome November! AND YOU HAVE A DRIVER’S LICENSE?!?! Whoa. Great job! So nervous for the day when that will come for me…. *shivers*

I prefer coffee, but 10% coffee, 90% sugar, and lots of whipped cream. xD

Enjoy your hiatus!

Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

December 5, 2017 at 9:31 am

I KNOW I DON’T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED. It’s really weird to realize that I can just drive wherever I want by myself 😛
      I bet you’ll do great! If you get enough practice in, it’s really easy!

omw I’m not a coffee person but that does sound good xD

Thanks! Have a great December!