{OCTOBER WRAP-UP}

October is over. Only two more months are left in 2017. I can’t believe I’m saying that because it seems like yesterday when I last wrote a blog post about it. But here I am, writing a cheesy intro, wondering how this month flew by so quickly.

WRITING

I’m just going to say: writing this month was rough.

I spent hours slogging through the first draft of When Real Lies. It was an emotional roller coaster. One moment, it was the best novel I’d ever written, and the next, I seriously considered permanently deleting every single document associated with it.

#uplifting

Somehow I finished it. I’m not sure what will become of that draft. I hated my main character by the end, but the theme was awesome…. I don’t regret writing the novel, but I’m excited to set it aside for a while and work on something else  🙂

READING

0 books.

Not even kidding xD I started a lot of books, but reading went on the backburner this month. I got a quarter way into Last of the Mohicans (James Fenimore Cooper), and felt guilty when there was one week I didn’t even read a single page. I rallied near the end of the month and dove into Lay Siege to Heaven (Louis de Wohl). It’s supposed to be a school book, but I was so intrigued I started it a month early 😉

I don’t have super high hopes for my November reading. Only near the end of this month did I begin to realize I just need to fit it in whenever and wherever I can (e.g. in the car, before dinner, walking up and down the stairs…).

BLOGGING

Blogging was officially EPIC this month, especially with my first blogversary rolling around. I’m ridiculously excited for what’s to come in this second year of blogging, and I’ve kept myself up at night picturing the future of my blog *grins*

Here are all the posts:

{SPARKS OF EMERALD AND FLASHES OF LIGHT} a collection of poems

{WRITING IS A GIFT} i am a pencil

{BLOGVERSARY} 1yr of blogging? + vlog

{BLOG TOUR} february fairy blog launch

O T H E R  P O S T S

Katie Grace @awritersfaith wrote the most epic, relatable post

Abbie @abbiee did a tour of her room adfjkl;

Caroline Meek wrote this beautifully inspiring post on the Project Canvas Blog

LIFE

– I tried rock climbing* near the start of the month, with my dad. IT WAS EPIC. I have found my new favorite sport. At first, I thought I would be afraid of heights. I really like it though!

I celebrated my 16th birthday. We went to this place for dinner and the lights were so prettyyyyy.

– I had the experience of taking two midterms in a classroom. Strange. 😉

– I’ve been taking an etiquette/manners class for high schoolers at my church. Awesomeness abounding.

– School has been…school. Takes time away from writing, so yeah 😛

– Was running at the beach one day and a helicopter started to fly really low over the water. I freaked out and thought I was in a war movie. xD

This month probably had as many emotional ups and downs as my novel. I’m coming to a place where I’m realizing (AT LAST) that crashing and burning every other week (sometimes day) probably isn’t the healthiest thing. I will possibly have a post coming up on what God’s been teaching me about that. 😊

*if you watched my vlog last Saturday, I said mountain climbing for some reason *facepalm*

THINGS TO COME

One word (or four words smashed into one word):

NaNoWriMo.

Now, I know I said in my newsletter at the start of the month that I wouldn’t be doing it. But after When Real Lies, I feel drawn to a new novel idea…one that resonates super deeply with me.

So yes, I WILL be participating in NaNo 2017. (and I’m planning on starting on time this year xD)

I’m super excited for my new novel! I planned to write a post about it, but then I decided too late and now November is next week. Buuut my newsletter for November is going to be all about it, and I’ll link to it on the 11th.

(and be sure to go check out my NaNo profile so we can be buddies!)

Next, by the end of November, I should also have printed all my first drafts for this year. Because I’m doing the covers myself, they’re definitely not *awesome*, but I’m giddy about one of them.

AND on Monday, I’ll be taking my driving test. Like…I’ll officially have my license if I pass. Prayers would be super appreciated!

How was your October?

ARE YOU PARTICIPATING IN NANO? If so, I’d love to hear what your novel is about! 😀

monthly wrap-ups

Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer
    October 28, 2017 at 4:41 am

I hope to participate in NaNo! It’s very unlikely I’ll breach the 50K, but, well, I can dream. I’ll be writing Of Traitors and Tricksters, a story set in a magical version of Ancient Egypt. So I’m excited! xD I’m sorry you’ve been having ups and downs with your novel, but I hope God has taught you something about yourself and your writing through that. <3

I'll definitely be sending prayers your way for your license! I hope it all goes well. <3 Have a great November!

October 30, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Ooooh that sounds SO intriguing. I bet you’ll have a blast writing it!

It’s been a bit of a struggle, but God always has the most beautiful answers to our prayers 🙂

Ivie Brooks @Ivie Writes
    October 28, 2017 at 5:02 am

I love your wrap up!!! Wow, the driver’s test?! You’ll do great! I just recently got my adult permit, so as long as my parents are with me, I can drive. And get a job. And adult. :p

I like the title of the novel you’ve been working on. Maybe your main character will grow on you during the break.
    Awesome post!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! <3

~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

October 30, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Congrats! Adulting can be fun sometimes 😉

It’s more the side characters that I can’t forget about. Happens with every novel I write 😛

EEEP THANK YOU.

Somewhat Reserved
    October 28, 2017 at 5:33 am

I hope you succeed with NaNoWriMo! I’m not really doing it, but I will be writing along with you guys, in order to finish it. It’s a contemporary about a girl who’s in her Junior Certificate exam year (it’s not as boring as that sounds, I promise :P) and she befriends this boy. And no, it’s not a romance xD

October 30, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Ooooh okay. I’m intrigued! 😀 I hope writing goes awesome for you <33

Riley
    October 28, 2017 at 7:42 am

That’s awesome that you finished When Real Lies!! I’m sorry you weren’t too happy with your main character, though. And READING UGHHH. I feel you. I didn’t finish a book either. There’s so much else going on. I think I’ll have to try fitting it in the same way. And big congrats on blogging!!!! You’re doing so awesome!

I’ll be praying for your driving test!!! Ahhh, that’s so exciting! And 16!!!

I STILL haven’t decided whether or not to do NaNoWriMo… I feel like I’m going to completely fail myself because I just don’t have the time everyday. We’ll see, though.

October 30, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Aaaah thank you, Riley <33

December will be our reading month xD I plan to take writing really slow then to cram in several more novels before the year ends.

You should totally do it! It's seriously fun no matter what.

februaryfairyblog
    October 28, 2017 at 8:26 am

Good luck with NaNo! And HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, DEAR! I want to go rock climbing so badly, it sounds like a ton of fun. I would totally do the same thing with the helicopter, I mean, I scream when I drop toast on the floor.

~ Ella Marie

October 30, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Thank you, Ella!

Rock climbing is EPIC. I’m hoping to go more often in November.

Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse
    October 28, 2017 at 11:04 am

Hang in there, Audrey! Remember that you are not alone 🙂

Congrats again on your blogoversary, and Happy Birthday!

October 30, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Chelsea R. H.
    October 28, 2017 at 11:26 pm

I always love reading everyone’s wrap up posts. It’s just super fun to find out what everyone has been up to in their different lives!! I’m hoping to do NaNo, and hopefully I’ll get the 50,000 but I don’t think I’ll get my novel finished. I get the feeling its going to need a lot more than 50k.
    Oh, rock climbing is fun! I enjoy abseiling too :D.

October 30, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Me too! It’s a great time to catch up with blogging buddies.

I have the same problem. My novels never want to be short 😛 I hope your nano is awesome!

October 29, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Oooh good luck with your driving test. *definitely is praying*

Oh my woooord that picture of your birthday dinner place is GORGEOUS. *heart eyes*

“One moment, it was the best novel I’d ever written, and the next, I seriously considered permanently deleting every single document associated with it.” .<

October 30, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Thank you! (I actually passed this morning *screams*)

I KNOW. My parents had their wedding rehearsal dinner there. I could have stayed all night.

Lissa {Classic Girl}
    October 29, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Sounds like a good month! I’m fast approaching my 16th birthday as well, and it looks like that restaurant you went to is lovely!

“Was running at the beach one day and a helicopter started to fly really low over the water. I freaked out and thought I was in a war movie.” Oh my gosh! Sounds like my life! Whenever anything semi-dramatic happens my imagination switches to movie mode haha.

Lovely post, I look forward to reading more!

October 30, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Happy (early) birthday! 😀

Right? I was thinking some war movie, like Dunkirk. There was a cliff next to me too, so I couldn’t decide if I should bunker down near them or run into the ocean xD

Thank you! <3

Carol
    October 30, 2017 at 8:58 pm

hope you had a sweet 16th birthday!! <3<3 that place looks gorgeous. and congrats on 1 year! :)) and don't worry about no books, lately I haven't had time to read books of my own interest lol. have a great november. (; xo

November 3, 2017 at 9:19 am

Thank you, Carol! 😀

Carol
        November 3, 2017 at 9:28 am

you’re welcome! xo

amynikitawords
    November 4, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Eeeep rock climbing. I think that’s the kind of thing I’d only do because I needed the experience for a novel scene or something 😉 It would be kinda thrilling, though. But I’m terrified of heights so maybe not…

Yay for an epic blogging month! So glad it went well 🙂 I’ve loved every one of your posts (although I’m so bad at commenting these days….I’m hoping to catch up soon, but things have been so busy. Will get to everything one day, I promise).

Hope your NaNo is going well and you’re feeling better?

Have a lovely November, Audrey ❤

November 6, 2017 at 8:40 am

Haha, yeah. Ironically, my characters WERE rock climbing at the time.

Aw, thank you, Amy <33 You're the best *hugs*

My nano is definitely going well! My sickness wore off on Thursday so I was able to catch up. Are you feeling better too, I hope?