{SEPTEMBER WRAP-UP} i moved + vlog ideas

september wrap up7

(aka…life starts again)

I want to say something really profound here but nothing comes to mind xD All I can say is life is picking up speed and happening and it’s really beautiful.

(if you noticed something different about the blog—hold on. I’ll get to that)

WRITING

September was an interesting month for writing. I started the first draft of my new WIP, When Real Lies, only to get halfway through and realize I hated it.

Heh. Yeah. It happened.

Though I never thought it was possible, I really pushed the envelope on this thing called “the suspense of disbelief” that makes stories believable; mine was getting really out there. On top of that, I felt as though I’d forced it to fit in a little box so it could be exactly what I wanted it to be. And stories, as writers know, have a mind of their own, and when we don’t let them have a mind of their own, they become terribly dry.

So I scraped those 40,000 words, took three days to re-outline in a very abbreviated manner, and restarted the draft. I pleased with how it’s turning out right now, especially because the theme = awesomeness and it’s in first person present tense *bounces*

Now, wait, you may be thinking. Isn’t NaNoWriMo coming up? And you just started a draft…?

Yes. At the moment, I should still be doing NaNo. Hopefully I’ll finish When Real Lies a week before November, and plot my new idea until NaNo begins. What that new idea will be, I honestly don’t know. I had one I got at Realm Makers, but it requires a ton of world-building I won’t have time to do. Last Friday I got a new one that sounds appealing…so yeah.

I’m just going with the flow at this point xD

READING

I only got one book in—Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. I was rereading a couple other ones as well, then one for school, and then I spent a lot of time with the Bible.

So how was Wuthering Heights? Let’s just say that it has inspired several dark scenes in my new WIP. 😉

BLOGGING

Yes, now I will explain the unannounced alterations to my blog:

I moved it to WordPress.

Horrors, I actually did! xD I’d been thinking of moving to a self-hosted platform for a while now, and finally picked up the nerve to do it (kinda. My mom can attest to my freaking out and hyperventilating). Everything that was on the blogspot blog is now here, save a few comments on the pages and such.

If you’re a public follower, I would appreciate it if you could give me a follow by email. 🙂 I’ve had some issues transferring the RSS feed for my public followers. Hopefully I can figure that out soon, but in the meantime, please follow by email. Current email followers are already switched over from blogger.

I’m still learning how this all works, so there might be a few glitches and stuff, and most likely some more renovation to my pages. I have realized that all of my posts have weird formatting right now, so I’ll be working on fixing those.

Now for my posts:

{SUMMER WRAP-UP} i’m back + photo dump

{DREAMS AND CALLINGS PART 2} surrender

{INTERVIEW WITH RILEY ALINE}

{WRITERS AND AUTUMN} 7 reasons why we’re the perfect match

O T H E R  A W E S O M E  P O S T S

Savannah celebrated her blogversary all month long. I especially liked this post (and I guest posted for her too.)

Julia gave the most inspiring message

Sarah asks why prayer is so complicated bc it really shouldn’t be

And Jane started an author website! It’s awesome and so is she so go give her some virtual pizza <3

LIFE

Life was so…beautiful…this month that I can only sum it up in the following randomness.

– me reading book analysis assignment last year: THIS IS TORTURE HELP

Me reading book analysis assignment this year: OMW THIS IS LIKE THEME AND CHARACTER ARCS LITERATURE IS MY FAVORITE SUBJECT.

– gone for 13490 runs on the beach and just stop when I think no one is looking and twirl around #joy.

– the water was rose gold. See below:

september wrap up3

– it’s fall. And it’s 80 degrees where I am. Booooooo.

– Mom: I was praying and God gave me a word: Soulcial

Me after a pause: so we’re soulcialists?

God has the greatest sense of humor

realization that God calls us to be faithful, not always successful in the world’s eyes, and doing the little things He asks of us is more pleasing to Him than doing big things to try and win His favor. Spoiler alert: we already have it. He just asks us to trust Him as unconditionally as He loves us.

– I’m taking Latin classes at my church and legit love it so much.

I also started something akin to spiritual journaling, or, as I dub it “a soul diary.” Every night, I jolt down thoughts and realizations I’ve had about God throughout the day. Sometimes they’re really simple, or they’re something pretty deep that He must have given me. I’ve put doing this as more important than bullet journaling, which I think is the best decision I’ve ever made. Thirty years from now as I look back at my journals, I am going to be struck by the significance of riding a bike for forty-five minutes on such and such path? Probably not. But these thoughts I’m writing down will mean something. They also help me realize when/how I’m growing closer to God.

THINGS TO COME

– NaNoWriMo. We’ll see about that 😛

my one year blogversary! SAY WHAT?!?! I KNOW. I can’t believe I’ve actually been a part of this awesome community for nearly a year.

I forget the exact date I started my blog (#oops), but I’m planning a celebration post on the 28th. Aaannd I was thinking of doing another vlog! So please ask me (multiple!) questions in the form below! Seriously ask anything. I know I kept it writing-related for my July vlog, but this one is free for all 😉

And that was my month! Fall is officially underway, and I’m happier than a clam…at high tide (apparently the clams get eaten when it’s low tide, so they’re happy at high tide?)

How was your month? Did you read anything awesome? Do you know what you’re doing for NaNoWriMo? What questions do you want me to answer in my vlog?

monthly wrap-ups

Sophia Noelle
    September 30, 2017 at 9:13 am

aww awesome post!!! can’t believe nano is almost here. ^o^
    it was crazy hot here the past few days as well! not very fall-like. i think i’m ready for the chill. 🙂
    also i really love that first photo. all the different lighting in it is super interesting. <3 <3 great shot!

sophy of Lavender + Blue

October 2, 2017 at 5:10 pm

It came up way too fast 😛 Last November feels like yesterday. How many years have you participated in NaNo?

Thank you, Sophia! 😀 And I love your name, by the way. It has a beautiful ring to it.

haileyhudson
    September 30, 2017 at 10:39 am

Same with fall and 80 degrees… except it’s more like 90 here. #UGH

October 2, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I guess I shouldn’t be complaining 😛 Where I used to live autumn was about 30 degrees, so I’ve switched to another extreme. Hopefully everywhere will cool down by November.

September 30, 2017 at 11:47 am

I hope your draft goes well! That stinks, getting through a lot of a book, and then hating it…

I literally JUST got Wuthering Heights from the library this week (as well as Pride and Prejudice) and I’m super excited to read them!!

Your spiritual journaling idea is awesome!! It’s so true too…that’s the stuff that’s going to matter in the years to come. Love it!

October 2, 2017 at 5:15 pm

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE IS AWESOME. I want to hear what you think of it xD And when you’re done, you should watch the movie (the one with Keira Knightley). They use most of the dialogue from the book and it’s probably the best book to movie adaptation ever.
      Ah, yes, Heathcliff was an interesting character. I found that reading it before bed didn’t settle well with me, but Emily Bronte has the most BEAUTIFUL writing.

October 3, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I’d seen there was a movie for it!! Hopefully, when I finish the book, I’ll remember to look it up lol! I’m so excited to finally read it!
        Haha…I’ll be sure to read the other during the day then? Lol

October 3, 2017 at 8:05 pm

lol, yeah xD My dreams are super affected by what I read before I sleep so that’s just how I had to do it 😛

Jolly
    September 30, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Not gonna lie, nano is low-key stressing me out hehe. I don’t have any new ideas, but I do have this half written novel that I might re-write + finish during nano?…idk man this is too much for me.

Congrats on moving your blog to wordpress + your one year blogaversary 🙂

October 2, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Pre-nano nerves are bad 😛 If you do the rewrite then it will be easier to know where you’re going since you won’t have COMPLETELY new characters, I guess.

Thank you! < 3

Somewhat Reserved
    October 1, 2017 at 9:38 am

I’m glad you changed your WIP on time! 😛 And I wanna read Wuthering Heights now.

Happy Blogaversary!

October 2, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Me too! My perfectionist editing self came to the rescue and declared an early makeover xD
      GO READ IT. It’s definitely a bit dark but the writing is FANTASTIC.
      Thank you!

Ivie Brooks @Ivie Writes
    October 1, 2017 at 3:37 pm

So many have converted over to wordpress. Your blog looks amazing! Do you think wordpress is better than blogger? I hear all the time that it is, but I just don’t know.

October 2, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Thank you, Ivie!
      I’d say it depends on what you want for your blog. For me, I knew that I wanted a central hub for my social media presence, especially as an aspiring independent author. I also felt more secure with the fact that I own all my content here, rather than being under Google. It’s been a bit of learning curve to figure out WordPress and Bluehost, but the change was totally worth it for me.

Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer
    October 1, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Oh wow your blog looks awesome! I love the colour scheme. <3
    "Soulcial." I think I just died of amusement. xD I believe He has great plans for you Audrey, and I can't wait to see where He takes you. Keep growing in Him! <3 <3 <3

October 2, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Thank you! 😀
      Right? xD My mom and I cracked up. At first it was just “it’s not about the social, but about the soulcial” (in regards to church), then I changed it to soulcialism and such 😉
      Aw, thank you so much, Melissa! Hearing that is really encouraging <33

October 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Eeep can I just say that your website looks epic so WOOT GOOD JOB. *applauds* You did epicly. <3 (I cheated because I've got the web designer sister to do everything for me. XD)

October 2, 2017 at 5:26 pm

ACK THANK YOU. I had about a gazillion tutorials open and I think I was given a few miracles xD

Abigayle Claire
    October 2, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Wow, good luck rewriting When Real Lies! That had to be a scary realization to come to, but it sounds like you’re doing great!

I’m interested to read a Bronte book at some point … somewhere on that TBR list 😉

I’m the one who asked you a gazillion questions in a single submission on the form xD So don’t feel like you have to answer all of them unless you just feel like it!]

Congrats on being brave enough to move to WordPress! Blogging decisions are HARD. And everything looks great 🙂 Happy early blogiversary! You’re such a pro, I’d totally forgotten your blog was that new 😀

October 2, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Emily’s book is the first Bronte one I’ve read, but Jane Eyre is up next on my TBR. I forget how many books Charlotte wrote, and then I know the other sister has one (I think her name is Anne? Or that’s the name of the book).
      Okay, cool. xD I can’t wait to check them out!
      Aw, thank you, Abigayle! <33