i’m so behind on tags {TAG MASH-UP}

Tags. Yes. Haha… *clears throat*  May was a month of tags, and since I’m still relatively new to blogging, I didn’t account for switching my regular posts with tags. Now I have an overload of tags that are getting old. I still plan to do some, but in the meantime, I smashed a few together. I’m really sorry that I wasn’t able to do them, but I’ve learned my lesson. šŸ˜› Thus, this tag mash-up.

So get ready for me to answer a bunch of random questions from the Sunshine Blogger tag, and the Bookish Book Lover tag, and the Liebster Award tag šŸ˜€

(I fit in about 18 questions)

1. What’s one random thing about you that few people know?

All my relatives on my mom’s side are Polish (my great grandparents were from Poland), thus I am half Polish. I don’t know any of the language, but I’m going to be learning it this coming school year.

2. What is your favorite animal?

Do fantasy animals count? If so, a phoenix. If not, a horse. Yep, I’m one of those cliche horse-crazy writers šŸ˜‰

3. What’s your favorite color?

Blue. Sapphire blue. Why was my blog pink then? Because I wanted a warm color and though I don’t like pink, everyone says I look good in it  #blondeproblems (and if you’re wondering why I didn’t go with blue for this makeover — there are so many blogs with blue colors out there that I didn’t want to be another of them :P)

4. What’s your favorite type of weather?

Thunderstorms. Rain. Just rain. Lots and lots of rain. I love the sound of it and how it smells, especially on wet tree bark.

5. If you could rewrite the ending of one book, which book would it be?

Mockingjay, without doubt. The ending made me SO angry and sad and yuck. I really didn’t like it. It made me melancholy for weeks after I finished it.

6. You just learned that you are to inherit your very own ginormous library — and it comes with a castle, too! Oh, and one more thing — you get a magical creature (of your own choosing) to be your librarian/bookkeeper! What sort of creature is it?

A PHOENIX. (I promise you there’s a reason behind my obsession xD). It would be a blue phoenix. Or maybe green. I can’t decide XP

7. If a library was on fire and you could only save three books, which three would you choose?

THIS IS SUCH A HARD QUESTION. Obviously, #1 would be a bible — standard version. #2 would be The Robe, by Lloyd C. Douglas (go read that book!). #3 would probably be A Time To Die by Nadine Brandes. I guess this question shows just how much you love certain books xD

8. One of your characters can come alive for a day. Who would you want it to be?

From my current WIP? None of my main characters xD They’re currently a bit too wary/broken to be good company. Though I would like to meet a character named Jenell. She’s very inspiring, a great role-model, a mentor in faith. But her brother would also be awesome to meet, though he’s not alive for any of the trilogy.

9. What genre have you read most this year?

Hm… *browses through Kindle* Fantasy. I don’t read contemporary, or that much sci-fi, or dystopian, so fantasy.

10. What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?

I have the weirdest dreams. Though the strangest was probably one where a character from one of my novels came to life and saved me from aliens. (apparently, I left my sword in the garage by accident so I was defenseless???)

11. What book are you saving up to buy next?

ALL OF THEM. Probably Exiles. Or Orphan’s Song. I’m really bad at giving one answer, aren’t I? xD

12. Would you rather go swimming in Antarctica or camping in the Sahara Desert?

NO HEAT. It kills me XP Even though swimming in Antartica sounds bad, I guess I’d chose that one.

13. What blogs inspired yours when you were starting out?

Well, I kind got the idea of blogging from Jaye L. Knight’s blog, and then I found A Writers Faith and Ink Blots and Coffee Stains, and those were the blogs that really got me into blogging šŸ™‚

14. What fictional character would be your arch-nemesis?

Okay, that’s a seriously hard question xD But, just because I’m reading Percy Jackson right now (why have I not read this before???), I’d say I wouldn’t get along with Thalia. I KNOW. I love her character but for some reason I think we would be like cats and dogs (I think I’d be the dog šŸ˜‰

15. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

If you mean based on how I “recharge,” then introvert. (yes, this crazy person who screams in caps and rambles is an introvert xD). If you mean whether I prefer to be around people or not, it depends. I enjoy hanging out/joking around with those I know, but I can also be content for hours (or days) by myself šŸ˜›

16. What’s your blog’s ‘theme’? (whether topics, visuals, aesthetics, sense of humor…)

I have a hard time articulating it myself, but I’d say it’s the topics and the way I write, sort of like an inspirational, deep, yet sometimes humorous thing. idk, tell me what you think xD

17. Would you rather go by horse-drawn wagon, boat, train, or plane?

Just how far am I going here? šŸ˜‰ I’m not a huge fan of trains, boats can begin to freak me out if I’m on them for too long, and I’ve actually never been on a plane… so horse-drawn wagon. Mainly because I love horses xD

18. What are five of your favorite blogs?

The Rebelution, Kingdom Pen, Helping Writers Become Authors, and Burning Youth. I do realize that’s only four, but I cannot for the life of me choose from among all of you guys’ šŸ™‚

Special thanks to Liv K. Fisher, Savannah Grace, Melissa Gravitis, Karyssa Norton, Catherine, and Jem Jones who tagged me (I got tagged on some things multiple times).
And now… I shall get better at doing tags šŸ˜›

I hope you enjoyed reading this mash-up!
What are your favorite blogs? What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had? Would you rather swim in Antarctica or camp in the Sahara?
random, tags

No Comments

Ivie Brooks
    July 8, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Nice job. I just did the Voice of YA tag. (BTW, I tagged you in it.)
    I love reading tags. It gives an insight to the author a bit more. I think its cool you combined a bunch of tags into one.
    God bless you! <3

Kate Marie
    July 8, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Oh no!! Why did you hate the ending of Mockingjay??? What would you change it to????

Pip and Lolly
    July 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm

I'm always forgetting to do tags! I'll be so honored when someone tags me, but I never end up doing it.
    Why a Phoenix? You said there's a story behind it and now I'm really curious!
    My favorite blogs are probably… Well, that's really hard. I really enjoy yours and Katie's. Maybe Wonderkept by Michiaha.

~ Pip

Farm Lassie
    July 8, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Heehee, gotta love it when the tags list gets long. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Loved the tag mashup!

Florid Sword
    July 8, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I would change the ending of Mockingkay too. Yuck.

Hailey Hudson
    July 8, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Bad timing… but I tagged you in yet another tag today šŸ˜‰

Melissa Gravitis
    July 8, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Awesome post! It was fun to read your mix of questions, and I love your answers to mine. XD I have no idea which three books I would save haha! šŸ™‚

I would 100% camp in the Sahara Desert, because I don't do cold. At all. XD I'd camp near an oasis and just bathe in its water all day!

abigail lennah
    July 8, 2017 at 11:48 pm

Thalia is such a hard character to get along with, ack. She's very… upfront? And NOOOOO no deserts. Unless there's dessert.

xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

Gray Marie
    July 9, 2017 at 12:26 am

I wish I could change the ending of Mockingjay too!

Anna
    July 9, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Audrey…I might just have to do a mashup myself XD I have tags piling up.
    It's funny that the busiest month of my life was the tag month…oh well! šŸ™‚

This was so much fun to read,I love your sweetly humorous style šŸ™‚ <3

Anna – http://www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

July 9, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Katie Grace was and is always such a huge inspiration to me. <33 Also your blog is very inspiring too. šŸ™‚

Julian Daventry
    July 10, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a cliche horse-crazy writer. šŸ™‚ *hugs fellow horse-lover* I'll have to check out the blogs you listed…
    ~Julian

July 10, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Thank you, Ivie! I think I've been tagged on it before, but I'll be sure to check out your post šŸ™‚

Maybe I've started a new trend — combining tags šŸ˜›

July 10, 2017 at 4:24 pm

I know it's kind of an unpopular opinion, but I thought it was too dark and lost some of its power in Katniss's despair šŸ˜› After so much bloodshed and violence, I thought it could use a little bit of hope, like a moment of triumph. I guess I was a little disappointed by it, but the trilogy as a whole was amazing šŸ™‚

July 10, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Haha, same xD

Well, to keep it short, I used to have these lizard-like flying creatures in my novel, and always wanted to have something different. Then I saw a phoenix figurine that my mom has, and a light bulb just went on. I replaced the lizard creatures with phoenixes. Several months later, I was going through some stuff really starting clinging to phrases of "hope." And since the phoenix is a symbol of hope…I now include them in whatever writing I do and put their feathers on my blog.

Aw, thank you so much, Pip! That means so much to me <3

July 10, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Thanks, Catherine! Sometimes I feel like I could spend a whole month doing only tags xD

July 10, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. We should do a fanfiction rewrite of it šŸ˜‰

July 10, 2017 at 4:33 pm

No worries — I'm now basically free of tags and ready to actually start doing them xD

*checks the link* Oooh, Abbiee's tag! Thank you so much for tagging me!

Marrok MacIntyre
    July 10, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Oh wow what a mash-up! Though I have to say I thought you had light brown hair not blonde. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked or something. Then again people would call my hair black even though it's dark brown.

I've always though of your blog as an inspirational blog as well. Which is cool, and are you sure you have a hard time articulating yourself? Because I've been here since that pink background and it never seemed like you've had a problem with articulation.

July 10, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Your questions were super fun, Melissa!

Ooooh. So it was a trick question? Because I could swim in Antarctica in a hot tub too? xD

July 10, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Yeah. I read the Titan's Curse in one day, and the more I read the more I was like "nope. would never get along with this person."

Good one xD

July 10, 2017 at 6:28 pm

*high-five* One day I'm going to do a fanfiction rewrite šŸ˜›

July 10, 2017 at 6:29 pm

I can't wait! Hopefully I won't be doing these all the time, but they're a great way to catch up.

Thank you so much! <3

July 10, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Ditto! She was actually the first teen blogger I met.

EEPP THANK YOU. That means a lot <3 <3

July 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Yay!!! šŸ˜€ I still love including horses in all my novels xD

July 10, 2017 at 6:35 pm

idk what it even is. Strawberry blonde most of the time — depends on the sunlight and the color I'm wearing xD

Thank you, Marrok! I can articulate a lot of things besides myself. I guess that's good though, since we aren't accurate judges of ourselves anyway šŸ˜›

Ivie Brooks
    July 11, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Combining tags would be an awesome trend. If you already were tagged or did it, then no problem. šŸ˜€

iviewrites.blogspot.com

El's Book Reviews
    July 12, 2017 at 12:00 am

Thunderstorms and rain = šŸ’œ

I followed your blog, and I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

– El

July 13, 2017 at 7:56 pm

YESSS. Nice to meet you, fellow thunderstorm enthusiast xD

Thank you, El! I'll definitely go check out your blog šŸ™‚

Grace Osas
    July 21, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that you dislike pink (aka: the best colour)

I would rewrite Mockingjay but I need to brush up on my skills first, haha šŸ˜› I would never guess that part of your ethnicity is Polish. You look pretty Irish/British šŸ˜› I hope what I said wasn't dumb. Don't hate me xD I guess I would feel a little weird (but not offended) if someone said I don't really look Nigerian but Congolese?

July 23, 2017 at 6:56 pm

So I don't dislike it, I just get tired of it really quickly sometimes šŸ˜‰

Haha, that's fine xD My dad's side is a mix of Slavs and I don't know what else. šŸ˜‰

Thanks for commenting!

Kate Marie
    August 14, 2017 at 12:50 am

Not sure how to reply to your reply but here goes…

I'm totally okay with you having that opinion!! Personally, I loved the ending. As you said, it is QUITE sad. Breaks my heart to read it, really. (I cry every time. Every. Stinkin. Time.) But I don't find it to be hopeless… there is definitely some despair in knowing that she will never be fully better. But I just adore the bit about her children dancing on the graveyard. And that she reminds herself every single day that people CAN be good and kind. So yeah. That's why I love it. And I have kind of a penchant for sad endings, so maybe just me. šŸ™‚ And that's fine! We can have different opinions on this matter; I don't mind!

August 28, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I'm sorry if it came off that I was slamming the ending! D: I didn't find it to my liking, but I can totally see where you're coming from. That's the tough but amazing thing about books — we each interpret the messages in different ways. I'm glad that the ending gives you hope šŸ™‚

Thank you for your respectful reply. We can all have different opinions here and still get along šŸ™‚

Kate Marie
    September 4, 2017 at 2:13 am

Eeeeep!!! No, no!! I didn't mean it like that at all. It makes sense to me that some people would find it depressing… I find it a bit depressing. I guess I just see the hopeful bits as well.

Absolutely!! I wasn't trying to pick a fight! :)))

• Let's chat!